Canadian Creators Spotlight
April 15 - May 31, 2023
Get ready for six weeks of Canadian Creators on Crowdfundr!
From April 15 to May 31, 2023 we’re turning the spotlight onto crowdfunding campaigns from Canadian creators:
Games & Toys
Art & Illustration
and everything else that makes Canadian Creators the best!
If you crowdfund your project as part of the Canadian Creator Spotlight on Crowdfundr, you’ll get these amazing benefits (see eligibility below):
- Your campaign will be included in the Canadian Creator Spotlight section on Crowdfundr.
- Crowdfundr will showcase and highlight your campaign via our paid advertising and social media channels.
- You and your co-creators will be featured in Creator Spotlight, our promotion strategy for helping people learn more about you.
- Get access to our success coaches and campaign set-up team for getting the maximum out of Crowdfundr.
- EXTRA BONUS: If you are tabling or attending TCAF or VanCAF and you register on this page up to 30 days before the convention starts, we will print 50 custom bookmarks with your crowdfunding campaign url, social handles and website for you to hand out at the convention.
To participate, all you need to do is:
- Register your interest in participating
- Launch your Crowdfundr campaign between April 1 and May 30, 2023
- Be a current or former Canadian resident or citizen or be closely related to one, or have some other tie to Canada that is meaningful to you
The Canadian Spotlight is a great opportunity to fund your project, introduce your work to more fans, and get great social media exposure to grow your audience.
Participation in the Spotlight is free, right?
Yes it is! Not only is it free to participate, Crowdfundr will be investing in promoting the event to drive more people to discover your work.
What about platform fees?
Crowdfundr is free! We even have a model that will help you cover the payment processing fees. Learn more
Is this good for first time creators or crowdfunders?
Absolutely! No project is too small, and this a great opportunity to get personalized coaching on creating a crowdfunding campaign.
What if I don't have a project right now?
You don’t need a major new work to participate. We believe crowdfunding is a great way to build your audience. Running smaller campaigns in between big projects is a great way to build your audience. Register your interest and we’ll brainstorm a campaign idea with you.
I'm not sure crowdfunding is right for me. How do I know?
Crowdfundr does more than crowdfunding. You can also set up an online store with us and get the same great free pricing. We also offer a Keep-it-All model of crowdfunding that’s great for a pre-order event. Register your interest and we can advise you on whether there might be a good way for you to participate in the Spotlight and grow your audience.
I have an established audience in another platform. Should I switch?
That’s a tough one to answer in an FAQ as every situation is different. Register your interest and we’ll be happy to advise you. Sometimes we’ll be a good option, sometimes we won’t. We’ll help you figure it out.
In which countries is this available?
How does shipping work?
You can chose to charge flat rates, use add-on shipping pricing, or not charge shipping until the campaign is over using a pledge manager or fulfillment company. See our partners for more options.
What if I have more questions?
No problem! Here are some ways to get more answers:
- Register to participate or contact us and we’ll be happy to answer anything.
- Visit the main FAQ page
- Read about our Crowdfundr and Crowdfundr Professional features
- Visit our Help Centre
We offer three pricing plans and let you decide which one works best for your needs. Best of all, with our Simply Free plan, we charge you nothing. That’s right, it’s free! Learn more
All-or-Nothing, or Keep-it-All
It’s your choice, not ours. With All-or-Nothing you and your supporters will be working together towards a funding goal - everyone wins or no one does. With Keep-it-All you get paid out over the course of the campaign and make only as many orders as you received.
Receive Funding ASAP
No need to wait until the campaign is over. If your All-or-Nothing campaign hits your goal early, you can choose to deposit funding immediately and get started fulfilling rewards for your supporters sooner.
Get Started Right Away
With Crowdfundr, you can have your crowdfunding campaign up and running in less than an hour. No approval or extra hassle. Just go and enjoy the process!