Your share could raise $30
Before you go, did you know that simply by sharing this campaign, you could help it raise $30? It's an effective way to support the cause.No thanks
- Add on tab
- Pin it
Jenna Freimuth hasn't added a story.
Who are the Wondermakers?!
We are Jenna Freimuth and Mindy Meyers. Two artists who went to the same college at different times, connected on social media, loved each other's artwork, and wondered what we could make together. So in 2015, we founded The Wondermakers Collective, a long-distance abstract embroidery project.
Our work has been featured in Uppercase Magazine, The Surface Design Journal, The Encyclopedia of Inspiration: Yarn, Thread String, The Saint Kate Arts Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and our project will be on display in the XIV Florence Biennale in Florence, Italy this October 2023!
Learn more about the XIV Florence Biennale at the Fortezza Da Basso in Italy!
How can you be a part of our success?
Like most international show opportunities, safely shipping and securing our work to the Biennale will be a heavy expense. It’s a chance to exhibit our largest work and champion our project among other celebrated contemporary artists. Along with our work, we’d like to travel to the show’s opening reception and participate in this once-in-a-lifetime experience. Our embroideries regularly travel between Michigan and Minnesota, but you can help our art travel the farthest it’s ever been!
Your sponsorship will help fund shipping our art to Italy and back, filing customs and documentation fees, exhibition participation fees, and travel expenses for us to see our work in such a prestigious setting!
Here’s how you can show your support for our art adventure:
- $10 Blow us a kiss, wish us “ Addio prodigio”, and call ‘er a day!
- $15 You are drawn to the call of wonder and can’t wait to help us get where we never thought possible. We will thank you with an “I’m a Wondermaker” 2x2 sticker so you can show off your belief in big dreams.
- $50 It’s not enough to send us to Italy; you are a bonafide creative comrade, and just like us, coffee(or tea!) fuels you. With this contribution, we’ll send you a custom Wondermaker Coffee mug. And together, we will cheer from afar.
- $175 Hey, Champion! We see you over there, excited by how our art collaboration dares you to dream. And, you not only want to watch us succeed, but you wouldn’t mind a piece of the project. With this contribution, we will send you one of our 4” Wondermaker Hoops (the selection will be a surprise!), a sticker, and a mug! You are officially a part of our Club of Collectors. Welcome!
- $250 Your own Wondermaker Kit and Facetime with us! Do you want to try your very own Wondermaker hoop? We'll send you one of our 3" hoop kits (started by one of us!), and you can decide how to finish it! We will celebrate your creative adventure with a one-hour, one-on-one Facetime!
- $2,500 Be a Wondermaker XIV Florence Biennale Sponsor! (ONLY TWO ARE AVAILABLE) Your name and logo will be represented next to our work, listed in the event catalog (sent worldwide), presented at the event, and viewed by thousands! Happen to be headed to Italy? You'll get tickets to the exhibit! As an extra thank you, we will also send you a 4" Wondermaker Hoop (the selection will be a surprise!), a sticker, and a mug!
- $5,000 Quello Grande! This level grants you our prized 23-inch hoop! Own a piece of our project where we learned how powerful scale and sequins could be! As an extra thank you, we will also send you a sticker and a mug!
More about our art project:
Through a pen-pal collaboration, we build embroideries by responding intuitively to each other's mark-making. Embroidery is a medium that allows us to work in unity and experiment with various techniques. We use felt as our matrix, covering the fabric with applique, sequins, and seed beads until vibrantly complex. Our work is known to be colorful, abundant, and shimmering with layers of texture and embellishment. Responsive mark-making guides our aesthetic to be dense and clustered, often with little negative space. Finished pieces result from our spontaneous process - disrupting one another to swap works and improvise what is added next.
For over seven years, we have nurtured sacred space to allow this project to bloom and become what it is today, artistically and interpersonally. As a result, we are not only art collaborators watching how our styles collide but also best friends and have a relationship kin to a sisterhood.
View our compete collection of works!
Follow our project on Instagram!
HighlightsSee all activity24
You are thrilled we have this opportunity and are happy to wish us well with a small but meaningful contribution. No goods will be sent your way, but we assure you this $10 will help us save up for those shipping fees, a bag of new sequins, or a cup of coffee to fuel us! Thank YOU!
You are drawn to the call of wonder and can’t wait to help us get where we never thought possible. We thank you with an “I’m a Wondermaker” 2x2 sticker so that you can show off your belief in big dreams!
It’s not enough to send us to Italy; you are a bonafide creative comrade, and just like us, coffee(or tea!) fuels you. With this contribution, we’ll send you a custom Wondermaker Coffee mug adorned with sequin illustrations. And together, we will cheer from afar.
Hey, Champion! We see you over there, excited by how our art collaboration dares you to dream. And, you not only want to watch us succeed, but you wouldn’t mind a piece of the project. With this contribution, we will send you one of our 4” embroideries (random selection, so this will be a surprise!), a sticker, AND a wondermaker mug. You are officially a part of our Club of Collectors. Welcome!
You wanna stitch with us? Are you up to the challenge of finishing your own wondermaker hoop??
We will mail you a Wondermaker Kit (valued at $55) and you will get a one-hour, one-on-one facetime with Mindy and Jenna (priceless!).
- Here are important details about each Wondermake Kit:
In this abstract embroidery kit, we’ve started the 3” hoop
and provided you with various materials similar to what we use
in our work. Now, bringing your unique style to the hoop is up
to you, and choosing what to add next. What will you do with
the color palette? Do you want to change an area on your hoop?
Add layers! Felt can be cut into different shapes and added as
applique. Go crazy with stitches. Try some French knots. Your
finished piece is yours to keep and an expression of your
curiosity. WELCOME TO THE WONDERMAKER CLUB!
**PLEASE NOTE** Any hoops or materials in listing photos DO NOT indicate what will be sent. This is an extension of our art project and embraces our artistic process. One of us will start your kit and arrive with stitches already in place. Like our collaboration, YOU WILL NOT KNOW which hoop is headed your way or the color of the materials. But that is the beauty of the process. Embrace the wonder and the mystery of pen-pal art!
EACH WONDERMAKER KIT INCLUDES
One MYSTERY 3” embroidery hoop with felt started by Jenna or Mindy
A random assortment of sequins
A random assortment of embroidery floss
A random assortment of felt applique pieces
Project Instruction Card
An “I’m A Wondermaker!” sticker
A FEW EXTRA NOTES: Familiarity with embroidery is encouraged. Sharp needles and small pieces are included, so this kit would not be suitable for young children.
Packaged with care in a shimmery, sturdy bubble mailer.
- In this abstract embroidery kit, we’ve started the 3” hoop and provided you with various materials similar to what we use in our work. Now, bringing your unique style to the hoop is up to you, and choosing what to add next. What will you do with the color palette? Do you want to change an area on your hoop? Add layers! Felt can be cut into different shapes and added as applique. Go crazy with stitches. Try some French knots. Your finished piece is yours to keep and an expression of your curiosity. WELCOME TO THE WONDERMAKER CLUB!
- Facetime meetings must be scheduled within six months of receiving your kit.
ONLY TWO SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE!
Be an official sponsor of The Wondermakers at the XIV Florence Biennale in Florence, Italy! It’s not enough to send us there, but you are so happy to cheer us on that you'd also like a presence at the event!
The Florence Biennale is a significant contemporary art and design exhibition in Florence and one of the world's leading contemporary art exhibitions. More than 450 artists and designers from 71 countries participated in the latest edition (XIII Florence Biennale 2021).
More than 10,000 visitors attended the event!
A logo and a link to each sponsor will be published on the biennale website, and your logo will be in the catalog sent worldwide. Your name and logo will also be placed on the exhibition panel dedicated to sponsors AND on the artist label where our work is displayed! Happen to be headed to Italy? You will also receive tickets to the exhibit!
With sponsorship, we will provide you with an official certificate of our participation and require signed paperwork for the event coordinators.
Very important: THIS LEVEL CLOSES BY APRIL 15TH, 2023!
Oh, and we will send you one of our 4" hoops, a Wondermaker sticker, AND a Wondermaker mug. You are officially on our team!
Learn more about the XIV Florence Biennale here!
Own one of our largest hoops! We will ship you our prized 23” inch hoop that has been shown at the Saint Kate Arts Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and at the UCM Gallery of Art and Design at the University of Central Missouri.
Title: Wondermakers No. 27
Materials: 23” Embroidery Hoop, Felt, and Fleece Appliqué, Sequins
As an extra thank you, you will also receive a Wondermaker mug and a 2”x2” I’m a Wondermaker sticker! This level brings you into our Club of Collectors and funds most of our upcoming Florence, Italy expenses!
*This does not indicate sponsorship in the event.
Delete media item?
Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
Set as ?
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
It will be removed from the top of your campaign and won't be used as default in social media and email. The will remain in the media gallery.
Add to a Facebook Page tab
You can add to a tab on any Facebook Page which you manage.
Please note that as of Nov 2017, only Pages with 2,000+ fans are able to install custom tabs.
How to remove a Page tab It looks like you don't have a Facebook Page yet. How to create a Facebook Page It looks like you don't have a Facebook account linked. Click here to edit your account settings
Share a link
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Thank you. We take reports like yours very seriously. Our goal is to keep the community safe.
Please know that we may contact you for more information, but that we won't notify you personally of our decision. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Thank you. We've already received your previous report. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Tell us about the problem. Please fill in both fields below.
Record a video
Upload a video
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Take a minute or two to record one now. Record a short video message of support. Or upload one from your device. You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Upload a short video message of support. Upload a short video message of support. Or record one right now.
- Most effective video length: about a minute.
- Maximum length: 5 min.
- You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Heads up! The existing video will be replaced.
Email your friends
Join our team
Tell people why our cause matters to you. Your personal message will encourage others to help. Easy, effective, optional.
Say it in video
Short personal videos by supporters like you are incredibly powerful. Record one right now and you'll help us raise more money. Easy, optional, effective.
Add a personal goal
Set a personal fundraising goal. You'll encourage more contributions if you do. And rest easy. There's no obligation to achieve your goal or bad consequences if you don't. Easy, optional, effective.
We have a video!
We'd love to show you our campaign video. Want to take a look?
, you're already on the team.