Your share could raise $30
Before you go, did you know that simply by sharing this campaign, you could help it raise $30? It's an effective way to support the cause.No thanks
- Add on tab
- Pin it
George Hage hasn't added a story.
Cankor, Sabertooth Swordsman and Jack the Radio meet with this totally unique artistic collaboration. This special, limited edition 7 inch vinyl record project comes complete with a mini-comic/poster insert by Matthew Allison and Aaron Conley and music by Jack The Radio.
What should you expect?
7 inch vinyl record!
- Featuring music by Jack The Radio and alternate cuts by Doom Punks
- Full color sleeve art by Matthew Allison and Aaron Conley
- Insert with each record that features a short comic that folds out into a full color poster!!! The comic features the debut crossover of Cankor and Sabertooth Swordsman, with a special appearance of Jack the Radio on the poster
- Exclusive T-shirt only available through this Crowdfundr campaign
- Enamel Pin set of 3 (Cankor, Sabertooth Swordsman, Jack The Radio)
- Sticker set of 4 (Cankor, Sabertooth Swordsman, Jack The Radio, Group Battle)
About the creators:
About the characters:
- Jack The Radio is a band turned comic character. The band has shared the stage with The Avett Brothers, Hall & Oates, George Thorogood, Cold War Kids, and American Aquarium. Their music has been featured in commercial, film, and TV projects including Modern Family, Boardwalk Empire among others. The comic character appeared in a 2020 anthology comic featuring works by 30 artists from around the world and was published by AWBW.
- Sulking around the universe, Cankor has made a daily habit of caving his face in with his own fist. A cybernetic crybaby with little self-control and an unhealthy level of anger mixed with shame, Cankor will frustrate and sadden readers with his cosmic tales of woe.
- Sabertooth Swordsman Has more heart than know-how! He's a bumbling, comedic Tiger-man that sets out to do good, but a lot of the time only manages to end up in more trouble. Thank the gods he's tough as hell! Co-created with Damon Gentry (Vinegar Teeth, Grip of the Kombinat).
A peek at the process:
Hey Hey, Kiddos!
Aaron Conley here to give you a little sneak peek into how Matt and I did the art for this amazing project!
Starting off, Matt sent me over some very basic layouts through e-mail that I then added my characters into...
...After that, I did a super tight pencil over the layouts except for Cankor.....
....At that point I enlarged it a bit, printed out the pencil lines in blue on Bristol Board and then inked all of the Sabertooth Swordsman parts...
I then Packaged up all the pages that I had inked my parts on and sent them through the mail to Matt (from Florida to Chicago). When he got them, he inked everything else....
BLAM-O!!! After a few e-mails and 1 mail package you have a finished page by 2 artists!
Now if you wanna see the beautiful color that Matt did, now's your time to pre-order!!!
Hear the first song "Looking For More":
HighlightsSee all activity155
Meet the team
7 inch vinyl record with comic/poster insert! 1 record. 2 sides. 4 tracks.
- Artwork by Matthew Allison and Aaron Conley
- Music by Jack The Radio with b-sides by Doom Punks
These shirts will only be available through this pre-order campaign!
Enamel Pin Set:
- 1 x Cankor pin
- 1 x Sabertooth Swordsman pin
- 1 x Jack the Radio pin
Set of 4 stickers:
- 1 x Cankor sticker
- 1 x Sabertooth Swordsman sticker
- 1 x Jack The Radio sticker
- 1 x Group Battle sticker
Jack The Radio music-comic bundle:
1) Creatures Anthology:
THE INTERGALACTIC PREMIERE! This anthology is a 56 page collection of cosmic-country-fried sci-fi short stories cataloging the adventures of the ever resilient character, Jack the Radio, based on the band Jack the Radio’s new album Creatures. The book includes comics and pinups from Alexis Ziritt, Aaron Conley, Khoi Pham, Jorge Corona, Tommy Lee Edwards, Matthew Allison, Brian Romero, and several other artists from around the world and published by A Wave Blue World.
2) Jack The Radio 24 page music-comic #1
The book features a special cover drawn by comic book legend Denis Kitchen (Kitchen Sink Press, CBLDF) with cover color by Rico Renzi (Spider-Gwen, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Bitter Root). The book also includes artwork from Helena Masellis, Matthew Allison, Artyom Trakhanov, Brandon Graham, Bruno Seelig, Dave Taylor, Eranga Devasurenda, Javier Hernandez Guerrero, Keith Ross (Tiny Concerts), Mike Rosado, Solomacello, Tyler Bence, Vlad Legostaev, and Warwick Johnson Cadwell.
Original, hand drawn 5.5 by 8.5 inch pencil and ink bust drawing of Sabertooth Swordsman by Aaron Conley. Each drawing is unique. This package also includes a sticker set.
Original, hand drawn 5.5 by 8.5 inch pencil and ink bust drawing of Cankor by Matthew Allison. Each drawing is unique. This package also includes a sticker set.
Super rare jam option where you get an original, hand-drawn 8.5 by 11-inch page with a bust drawing of Cankor by Matthew and Sabertooth Swordsman by Aaron on the same page, complete with some gray wash! Each drawing is unique. This package also includes a sticker set.
Delete media item?
Delete this item from the media gallery? It will also be deleted from any related story update.
Set as ?
The campaign video will appear in social media and email.
The campaign cover picture will appear in social media and email.
The will appear at the top of your campaign page and in social media and email.
It will be removed from the top of your campaign and won't be used as default in social media and email. The will remain in the media gallery.
Add to a Facebook Page tab
You can add to a tab on any Facebook Page which you manage.
Please note that as of Nov 2017, only Pages with 2,000+ fans are able to install custom tabs.
How to remove a Page tab It looks like you don't have a Facebook Page yet. How to create a Facebook Page It looks like you don't have a Facebook account linked. Click here to edit your account settings
Share a link
Delete this story update?
Any pictures or videos will remain in the campaign's media gallery.
Thank you. We take reports like yours very seriously. Our goal is to keep the community safe.
Please know that we may contact you for more information, but that we won't notify you personally of our decision. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Thank you. We've already received your previous report. If the campaign remains available within a few days, it's likely that we determined it not to be in violation of our policies.
Tell us about the problem. Please fill in both fields below.
Record a video
Upload a video
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Take a minute or two to record one now. Record a short video message of support. Or upload one from your device. You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Nothing grabs attention for your cause like a personal video. Upload a short video message of support. Upload a short video message of support. Or record one right now.
- Most effective video length: about a minute.
- Maximum length: 5 min.
- You can preview or redo your video before you post it.
Heads up! The existing video will be replaced.
Email your friends
Join our team
Tell people why our cause matters to you. Your personal message will encourage others to help. Easy, effective, optional.
Say it in video
Short personal videos by supporters like you are incredibly powerful. Record one right now and you'll help us raise more money. Easy, optional, effective.
Add a personal goal
Set a personal fundraising goal. You'll encourage more contributions if you do. And rest easy. There's no obligation to achieve your goal or bad consequences if you don't. Easy, optional, effective.
We have a video!
We'd love to show you our campaign video. Want to take a look?
, you're already on the team.