Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
creator community around the world.

Activity Feed Forums Promotion So, you’ve launched your campaign. Now what?

  • So, you’ve launched your campaign. Now what?

    Posted by deena on May 4, 2022 at 7:33 am

    Hey everyone!✌ I was wondering what are the exact steps to take after you launch a campaign? What would you add to the list of steps for crowdfunding campaign promotion? Please share your thoughts!💭

    David replied 4 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Shan

    Administrator
    May 4, 2022 at 2:30 pm

    Oh, if only we could hit ‘Launch’ and sit back to watch the funds roll in!

    In content marketing, the 20/80 rule states that you need to spend 20% of your time on creating content and the other 80% promoting it. Crowdfunding works similarly, so you need to be aware that once the campaign launches, the promoting work has only just begun.

    If you would like one simple guideline to sum up your post-launch promotional strategy, it should be this: UPDATES!

    Your story doesn’t end with a live campaign. Updating continues the narrative for your project, plus allows you to:

    • Surprise your supporters with behind-the-scenes content that not only describes how you got to where you are today but provides trust and transparency to your brand.
    • Let your supporters know the status of their reward items and the release of potential new items and add-ons.
    • Provide more shareable content for you and your supporters to share with your networks. The more content we see on a brand, the more likely we will recognize it… but this content must be new and valuable. Updates are not simple asks to continue contributing or sharing.

    Updates should be part of your campaign communication plan. Post these updates everywhere you’re promoting your main campaign.

    Here’s a sample list of places to share your campaign; feel free to add more!

    • Email
    • Facebook (directly and to groups)
    • Messenger
    • Twitter
    • Instagram
    • TikTok
    • Partners
    • Sponsors
    • Your own website
    • Offline spaces (community centers, events, meetups, etc)
  • David

    Administrator
    July 11, 2022 at 3:41 pm

    Check out our Promotion Toolkit for more ideas.

    Campaign Promotion Toolkit